We are one of the youngest universities in Germany and think in terms of possibilities, not limitations. In the heart of the Ruhr Area, we develop ideas of the future at our 11 faculties. We are strong in research and teaching, in living diversity, as well as in supporting potential. We are highly committed to an educational equality that has earned this name. The University of Duisburg-Essen is looking for the following person(s) to join the Faculty of Business Administration – Mercator School of Management, Chair of Finance (Prof. Dr. Martin Hibbeln)
Research assistant (Postdoc) (f/m/d) at universities
(Pay category 13 TV-L, 100%)
In a young team, you can expect exciting, current, and practice-relevant tasks in the topics of empirical capital market research, risk management in financial institutions and structured (financial) products. We offer a creative, dynamic working environment and support you in presenting research results at international conferences and publishing them in renowned international journals.
Your main tasks:
• active participation in research and practical projects
• independent preparation of scientific publications and presentations at international conferences
• participation in the teaching activities of the chair
Within the scope of the activity, the opportunity to prepare for habilitation will be given.
• excellent completed doctoral degree with focus on finance
• enthusiasm for scientific work in the main research topics of the chair
• very good analytical skills and knowledge in quantitative research methods
• experience in university teaching in the field of finance or quantitative methods
• very good written and spoken English; good German language skills are advantageous
• first publication experience in the context of published papers or papers in the publication process in renowned journals is desirable
• extensive experience in empirical work as well as knowledge of machine learning methods and/or text analysis is desirable
• first experiences in acquiring or carrying out third-party funded projects are desirable
• initiative, commitment, determination, ability to work in a team and creativity
• participation in current research projects with the intention of publication in renowned, international peer-reviewed journals
• participation in carrying out highly competitive third-party funded research projects
• funding for research expenses and conference visits
• a finance area (incl. banking and insurance) with currently 5 permanent university professorships/chairs
• access to an international research network
• access to important databases (e.g. Eikon incl. Datastream, Factiva, Markit)
• possibility for further methodical and didactical qualification
• possibility to work from home
• discounted company ticket
• sports and health offers (university sports)
Gross pay: 52.206 – 59.189 € (depending on working experience)
Start date: 1st of May 2023 or later
Contract duration: 36 months (with option of extension)
Working time: 100 % of a full-time position
Application deadline: 21.03.2023
The University of Duisburg-Essen aims to promote the diversity of its members.
It aims to increase the proportion of women among scientific staff and therefore strongly encourages applications from women with relevant qualifications.
In accordance with the State Equal Opportunities Act, women are given preferential consideration if they are equally qualified.
Applications from suitable severely disabled persons and persons of equal status within the meaning of Section 2 (3) SGB IX are welcome.
Please send your application with the usual documents, stating the reference number 087-23 to Prof. Dr. Martin Hibbeln, (E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org). For further inquiries please contact in advance Mr.
Noah Urban (email@example.com). Information about the faculty and the position to be advertised can be found at https://www.finance.msm.uni-due.de/ .