80 – 100% / 4 years / Bern / Tentative start on 1 August 2024
To start with, here are some of our strong points
- An almost unbelievably large variety of themes and topics and a great mix of research and teaching.
- Plenty of contact with eager young people from all over the world who are set on achieving things.
- Curiosity is what we want, oodles of it. Plus, lots of independence and autonomy.
- Responsibility in hugely exciting projects for the future attracting attention beyond the professional world.
- Focus on research that is geared towards practical orientation and the education of committed people rather than mere profit maximisation.
What you’ll be doing here
- Work on exciting research and innovation projects focused on data science, AI and ML applications in finance together with industry and academic expects from Switzerland and abroad.
- Active contribution in the acquisition of third-party funding for research projects with the freedom to lead research proposals for various funding schemes.
- Offer teaching support (Lectures, Bachelor- and Mastertheses) for the department group Data Science, Finance, Accounting, and Tax.
- Support the lead of a large international research networks (through EU projects, COST Actions and research collaborations) including over 300 researchers from >50 countries.
- Support the (nominated) MSCA Doctoral Network on Digital Finance, providing a European-wide doctorate in Digital Finance, with leading institutions such as the European Central Bank.
What you’ll bring with you
- Very good PhD degree in business/economics or a related field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science) or you are about to complete.
- High affinity for academic and applied research preferably documented through publications and working papers.
- Experience or a strong interest in quantitative empirical work and very good working knowledge in the application of statistical methods (Stata, R, Python).
- Experience and willingness to teach at Bachelor and Master level.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; preferably willingness to teach classes in German.
In the Business School, we offer an education with a clear practical emphasis for the digital change-makers of the future in the economy and society. Content we love to engage with includes topics such as New Work, digital business or public sector transformation.
Doing something meaningful in a fascinating environment and with an outlook to the future: a job at Bern University of Applied Sciences makes perfect sense. We’re busy researching, developing and virtually bending our minds to come up with practical solutions for business, culture and people in Bern, in Switzerland and all over the world. Apart from being incredibly interesting, this is also a lot of fun, and we get to learn a lot as well. This cutting-edge knowledge benefits all who are studying here or doing part-time continuing education courses. We have great plans for the future: We join forces to make an effective contribution to a sustainable, digitally literate and health-conscious society. This is how we create great prospects for your future work with us.
I’ll be your guide through the application procedure
P +41 31 848 65 79
For job-specific queries
Leiter Institut Applied Data Science und Finance
T +41 31 848 41 28