Would you like to make a major step forward in your academic career? WU offers ideal conditions to help you achieve that goal.
WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business) is the second-largest business university in the European Union and is centrally located at the heart of Europe, with over 23,000 students and roughly 2,400 employees working in teaching, research, and administration. WU’s modern campus, right next door to Vienna’s expansive Prater Park, offers impressive, award-winning architecture and an excellent working environment. The Institute for Finance, Banking and Insurance is currently inviting applications for two
Assistant Professor, non-tenure track
Fulltime, 40 hours/week
- Research in Finance
- Teaching: Finance at all program levels
- Independent supervision of bachelor and master theses
- Active participation in the Vienna Graduate School of Finance (VGSF - vgsf.ac.at)
- Cooperation in the management of the institute
- We seek candidates with strong research potential in any area of Finance
- Candidates should have a PhD degree or anticipate receiving a PhD by end of 2020 in Finance or a related discipline
- Academic research paper (“job market paper”), preferably single-authored, which has been published or is publishable in a leading academic journal
- Active involvement in the international academic community through cooperation with coauthors, visiting positions at other universities, and/or presentations at leading academic
- Excellent knowledge of research methods in the relevant fields
- A demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching
- Excellent English language skills
Required submission materials
- Cover letter
- Job market paper
- Additional paper (optional)
- Letters of reference: 2
Travel and lodging expenses:
ln case you are invited to a job talk at WU, the lnstitute for Finance, Banking and Insurance will refund your travel costs on usual terms.
The minimum gross monthly salary is €3,889.50, subject to adjustment if candidates can document relevant prior professional experience.
This employee position will be limited to a period of 6 years, starting on December 31, 2020 (commencement date subject to change).
If you are interested in a job with diverse responsibilities in a pleasant, stimulating work environment, please submit your application by Ocotber 14, 2020 (ID 755).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!