100% / fully funded / for a duration of 3 years / Bern / Start 01.08.2022 (Deadline 31.5.2022)
Doing something meaningful in a fascinating environment and with an outlook to the future: a job at Bern University of Applied Sciences makes perfect sense. We’re busy researching, developing and virtually bending our minds to come up with practical solutions for business, culture and people in Bern, in Switzerland and all over the world. Apart from being incredibly interesting, this is also a lot of fun, and we get to learn a lot as well. This cutting-edge knowledge benefits all who are studying here or doing part-time continuing education courses. We have great plans for the future: We’re building two campuses and combining our strengths. So we’re creating the ideal environment for your future job with us.
To start with, here are some of our strong points
- An almost unbelievably large variety of themes and topics and a great mix of research and teaching.
- Plenty of contact with eager young people from all over the world who are set on achieving things.
- Curiosity is what we want, oodles of it. Plus, lots of independence and autonomy.
- Easy exchanging of views and ideas, also across the divisional boundaries.
- National and international networks and contacts with business, economy, society and the political world.
What you'll be doing here
- Work on an exciting research project (funded by the SNSF) at the intersection of P2P Lending, Machine Learning, Credit Risk Modelling
- Write a cumulative doctoral thesis and scientific articles with the aim of publication in international top-tier scientific journals
- Active contribution in the acquisition of third-party funding for research projects
- Offer teaching support for the department group Finance, Accounting, and Tax
- Receive the opportunity to complete a doctorate in cooperation with a leading international university
What you'll bring with you
- You have a very good Master's degree in business/economics or a related field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science) or you are about to complete
- You have experience or a strong interest in quantitative empirical work and very good working knowledge in the application of statistical methods (Stata, R, Python)
- Ideally you have knowledge in the following areas: Quantitative modelling of financial markets, Econometrics, Machine Learning or quantitative empirical research methods
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- You have perseverance, a strong interest and enthusiasm for science and academic research
For further Information:
For job-specific queries
Prof. Dr. Christian Hopp
Head of the Institute of Applied Data Science and Finance
Phone: +41 31 848 41 28