Would you like to make a major step forward in your academic career? WU offers ideal conditions to help you achieve that goal.
WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business) is the second-largest business university in the European Union and is centrally located at the heart of Europe, with over 23,000 students and roughly 2,400 employees working in teaching, research, and administration. WU’s modern campus, right next door to Vienna’s expansive Prater Park, offers impressive, award-winning architecture and an excellent working environment. The Institute for Finance, Banking and Insurance is currently inviting applications for three
Teaching and Research Associates
Part-time, 30 hours/week
- The main tasks are the support and cooperation in the areas of research and teaching in the working group of Prof. Bogner, Prof. Jankowitsch and Prof. Pichler (research areas corporate finance, banking, risk management, fixed income analysis and OTC markets)
- In research, the focus is on working on the PhD dissertation which is expected to consist of empirical projects in the research areas mentioned
- In teaching, the cooperation relates in particular to the area of the courses offered by the institute in the field of finance and to the support of senior faculty in the supervision of bachelor theses
Prerequisite is a degree that entitles to complete a doctorate or PhD. The following qualifications are also required:
- Excellent knowledge of finance
- Programming skills (preferably in R)
- Good knowledge in mathematics and statistics
- Experience in dealing with data analysis (especially larger data sets) is an advantage
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good command of English
The minimum gross monthly salary is €2,196.75, subject to adjustment if candidates can document relevant prior professional experience.
This employee position will be limited to a period of six years, starting as soon as possible.
If you are interested in a job with diverse responsibilities in a pleasant, stimulating work environment, please submit your application by June 17, 2020 at
We are looking forward to hearing from you!