Assistant Professor of Finance
(tenure track, 1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University School of Economics
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 24 November 2022
The Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor of Finance post. The Assistant Professor would join the Finance Section of the Department. Assistant Professors are expected to actively contribute to the research environment of U.S.E., teach Finance courses at undergraduate and/or graduate level, and to supervise theses. All teaching is in English.
- have or are close to completing a PhD in Finance (preferred) or affine disciplines;
- demonstrate a clear potential for excellence in research;
- demonstrate a clear potential for excellence in teaching different Finance subjects at both undergraduate and graduate level;
- have an excellent command of spoken and written English;
- have excellent quantitative research and data science skills. Knowledge of Python is a plus.
This is an appointment of 1.0 FTE for the duration of six years. Tenure decision after 5 years. The minimum gross salary is €3,974 and the maximum gross salary is €5,439 (scale 11 of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities) per month, at a full-time employment.
Besides that, you will receive a holiday allowance of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 %. Utrecht University also has an appealing package of terms of employment, including the choice for a good balance between work and private (a good arrangement for leave, among other things), possibilities for development and an excellent pension scheme. For more information, please visit working at Utrecht University.
Favorable tax agreements may apply to non-Dutch Applicants.
For more information about this position, please contact – under strict confidentiality – Prof Kees Koedijk (Professor of Finance), via firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information and the application form are available from here: https://www.uu.nl/en/organisation/working-at-utrecht-university/jobs/assistant-professor-of-finance-tenure-track-10-fte